Biography for Elizabeth Morris
Elizabeth Morris trained as a painter at the Southern College of Art, Bournemouth, at Goldsmith's and the Central School, and only much later discovered etching at Morley College in South London.
Living in Greenwich Liz taught art and ran a printmaking workshop in her studio, and was one of the founder members of the Greenwich Printmakers, a co-operative with its own gallery. Living now by the sea in Essex she belongs to the Gainsborough’s House Print Workshop, and was for ten years a member of the East Anglian based 12PM Twelve Printmakers.
In recent years Liz has exhibited at the Royal Academy and at ‘Originals’, the contemporary printmaking show at the Mall Galleries. Also at the Barbican in print exhibitions 1996- 2000, and at the Affordable Art Show, Battersea. In East Anglia she has frequently shown at the Eastern Open at Kings Lynn. In 1999 Morris was awarded the Coley and Tilley prize by the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists, and in 2005 she was featured in the Anglian Television series ‘Coastal Inspirations’.
Public Collection That Contain Work By Elizabeth Morris
- The Ministry of Defence
- ‘Graphotek’, Berlin
- The Ormiston Hospital Trust
- Library collections of Northumberland, Lewisham & Greenwich
- Collection of Epping Forest District Museum
- ‘Collecting for the Future’, Firstsite, Colchester
- The House of Lords Collection
- The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Collection
- Two editions of etchings commissioned for the P & O cruise ship ‘Oriana’.
- Hayletts Gallery, Colchester 1992, 1995
- Oriel Gallery, Clwyd 1994
- Manchester Royal Exchange 1996
- Heffer’s. Cambridge 1997
- The Royal Pavilion, Brighton 1998
- Wenniger Gallery, Rockport, Mass. U.S.A. 2000
- Bircham Gallery, Holt 2001
- John Russell Gallery, Ipswich 2003, 2006
- Geedon Gallery, Fingringhoe 2006, 2008
- Hayletts Gallery, Maldon 2004, 2006, 2009
- Haymakers Gallery, Hay-on-Wye 2010